Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You think your kid is gross...


My son Quade will eat anything and I mean anything. One of his favorite past times when at the park is to go into the Men's bathroom first he loves the sound of the echo of his voice but his all time favorite thing about the men's room is what is siting inside of the Urinals. These pink fresheners that of course get peed on and who knows what else. Well Quade loves to pick them up and try and was his hand with them because apparently to him these urinals look like sinks and the peed on fresheners soap. Not only will he completely hold them but he likes to lick them as well. Yes I said lick them, ever seen Disney's Madagascar? There is a part in the movie when the Giraffe comes out of the men's bathroom commenting on the nifty little pink mints sticking his tong out with the bathroom freshener in his mouth. Need I say more.. Quade all the way! And know matter how many times I get after him for it he does not care. It is part of his daily routine. The parks and rec guys have actually seen him do this so thankfully lately the little pink mints have been removed!!
He also loves to drink dirty water from the gutter sucking it up and spitting it out and sucking it up again. The other day my puppy had a accident on the patio so I took the hose and sprayed down the poop. Not two seconds into my spraying there was Quade sucking up the poop invested water and swallowing and spitting it out into the air so it would come back down and smack him in the face. I screamed in disgust... only making him laugh and continue what he was doing even faster as I ran towards him to stop him.
And his most recent fascination happened this weekend while we were in Provo Utah for my grandmothers funeral. We were all at my Grandmothers house and there you find Quade licking everything in her house. The walls, the stairs, the windows, the banister, the dusty t.v. and yes the trash can. And last but not least he has taken up a passion for licking the dead squashed bugs off the front of my car headlights and the other 20 cars that were there as well.
Surprisingly he has not died yet or become sick..from all his disgusting habits and if I do anything to try and stop him it makes it all the more tempting to do it again and again and again.
"For the Love kid what on earth makes you tick the way you do!"

2 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

Wow, as I struggle to swallow my vomit. Wow! yeah, your right my kid is no long disgusting, but they have other issues don't worry all kids are weird. But poop water, bugs off the car, urinal mints, GAG!!! Well at least he's got a healthy immune system ;)

Lisa said...

GGRROOSSSS!!