Saturday, August 23, 2008

August Fun!

A Very Unhappy Birthday to You!
Ever see Alice in Wonder Land...?
On the 15th it was my mother-in-laws birthday. So for her party she decided to turn it into a birthday party for the kids. She got a pinata and filled it with candy, bought each of the kids presents and even sang happy birthday to them. The kids thought this was so great. They thought that nana was kidding at first until she broke out all the gifts and pinata! Ben thought it was so cool and said we should do this everyday.Papa setting up the Horse Pinata
Thomas wasn't sure if he should hit it or just poke it.

Quade's Turn!
Scott had to stop him a few times because he was swinging the bat like crazy!


Ben broke open the Pinata!
With three hard swings!


Nya(Family friend), Ben, Thomas, Quade and Lauren going for the goodies!

Ben and his new Batman toys. Lauren opening her gift.

Thomas and Quade eating cake and opening presents.

Splish Splash

Jarett enjoying the water.

So I went to the eye doctor and came home with these really stylin shades! Ben saw them siting out and with enthusiasm said " Mom where did you get these sunglasses! They are so cool!", I told him where I got them and told him he could have them. He was so excited and replied "These are so Awesome! I am going to look so cool in these! These are the best sunglasses I ever had..Thank you so much! " And for the rest of the day until they broke he never took them off.

Quades shirt says " I am defenitly up to Something" And he was. I had filled up this pool for the dog and 2 sec. later he was naked from the waist down peeing in the pool and then swimming in it. I really didn't care to much since it was so hot, but I did make him put his underwear back on. He is always running around completely naked or with just a shirt on. He will not keep the clothes on!


More Baking!


So the other night my friend Theresa came over and we made Cinnamin Rolls!
They were soo good! I ate two of them that night and two the next morning. Usually I am not that fond of sweets. But I could not resist these! The were all gone in three days!

Jarett and I after making the Cinnamin rolls.
At the begining of the month I helped set up and decorate for Anders and Cindy Petersons wedding reception. I was away from home a few hours everynight for a week, leaving Scott in charge of all three boys. That is a rare ocassion for him usually I always have one of them with me. It was alot of fun and a nice break to have from the kiddo's.
I also learned how to make and can Peach Jam with my sister-in-law Denise, thanks to the help of a friend. Growing up my mom was always canning things..but of course I never payed too much attention to it. It was so much fun and a lot of work! Now I have several jars of jam to last me for quite somtime. And it is so good! I have never tried peach jam before and I am definitly now a fan..I could drink the stuff.
So now you seen and read some of the things that we have been up to this month!












4 comments:

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Hey Candice! Looks like you've been having fun this month! I have yet to master making homemade cinnamon rolls, but I will get there! As for canning, that is something I would LOVE to do! I am going to ask for a pressure canner for Christmas this year. I love keeping up with you on your blog! Keep it up!

jenn goodman said...

I wanna cook with you! That looks like so much fun! Those rolls look delish!

MadMadameMim said...

That picture with Ben in the sunglasses looked so much like my Taz I had to do a double take. It probably had a lot to do with the matching hair cut and shirt. Gotta love walmart.
Everything looks like so much fun. I wish it was still hot enough here to swim but alas, we are lucky to hit 70 in the late afternoon. Maybe I should move down near you :).

Gail said...

Candice! I saw your page off of Chelsea's so I hope you don't mind I added you to my friends list! Nice to see some pictures of your kids!