Monday, June 9, 2008

Master of the Potty!

I can officially say that Quade is now potty trained at 2 1/2 years old!! HURRAY FOR QUADE! I started working with him right after he turned two. But it was hit and miss due to having a newborn and traveling a lot. He would do really well for a while and then revert back to going in his pants again. Even though I know he knew what to do. He would get so upset when he would have an accident. I think he just really enjoyed watching me sing the "I'm so Proud of you Song", and doing the "Potty Dance". We have been traveling a lot these past few months as well. Using public restrooms was not an option for him. The big noisy toilets scare him and he won't go near them. I don't blame him they scare me too. He still needs to wear pull-ups at night due to an accident every now and then. But during the day he wears his "Elmo wear". (He has Elmo underwear and he calls them his "Elmo wear"). Now I just need to teach Quade and Ben to wipe their own bums. Ben insists that he cannot wipe himself until he is 5yrs old and in school. A big nice try to that one kid! I have even bought him those flush able wipes to use so it will be easier for him. One day the only bum I will have to worry about is my own. Two down one to go! No wonder they don't pay mom's there is not enough money to go around for the things we have to endure! But it is all worth it....well most of the time.

7 comments:

Trish Olsen said...

yeah how exciting. I am now working on brekke. Any advice?

MadMadameMim said...

congrats. I wish I could say the same although I have to say I think with this third child it is more lack of motivation on my part. there isn't another one younger to really motivate me, and I hate potty training! I'm so happy for you though

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Hey Candice! Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment! I need to get moving on potty training my daughter. She's old emough, I', just lazy! Good to see you on the blog!

Sarah said...

Yes please add me to your blogging buddies. Blogging is so fun. Looks like you guys had a blast in San Diego. https://malinwarrenlewisfamily.blogspot.com

~aileen~jaron~ said...

hey candice- i totally remember you. In fact when i saw the name candice, you were the only one i really knew. thanks for finding me. and i would be honored to be on your list of blogs you stalk :). You have a darling family. And i will definatly keep in touch. Way to go with the potty training. we are doing that right now... did great for 2 weeks, when we went stright to underwear, then he reverted back to pull ups... grrr. We are starting our 4 attempt this weekend. Thanks again for stopping by.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

Congratulations on the potty training! I need to start Taryn, but with a new baby how do you do it? I am so glad you found our blog! I love catching up with people from EA!
Take care! So nice to hear from you!
Amber

Alisha-aka skeezie said...

Hooray for Elmo!!!!!!
:) Cute family!!!! Love it.