Friday, July 30, 2010

He's a Big Boy now!

It's Official No more Diapers for this little boy!!! Well except during naps and night time. I am so excited about this. After months and months of me trying everything I could possibly think of to get this kid to use the toilet. And I mean everything. I made him peanut butter balls, cookies, cupcakes, tried to bribe him with M&M's and Candy. I had his brothers show him how. And all he would say was " NO MOM!!!" (in a really grouchy voice while holding his hand up to me) and run from me as fast as he could. He would only sit on the potty if he got a treat and when I tried to tell him only if he goes pee and makes a yucky, resulting in one huge tantrum from him. Such a stubborn little boy when he wants to be. We had several moments when he said he had to go so we get all excited and go to the toilet and I would break out in song and dance to get him to love it and ...nothing. Then I would get him dressed he would say to me " Oh Mom need to go" and then He would grunt go and say " I stink, change me" Ya, definitely not cool in my book when he can say he needs to go, will go, and then expect me to change him. I DON"T THINK SO!!  And yet he adamantly refused to have anything to do with the toilet.Occasionally he would have a day where he would do great and have no accidents and I would think, Yes! He is finally going to give in and do this. Needless to say my dreams would be shattered and all my different efforts and bribes would bore him after a day. So I gave up and decided to let it go, just reminding him that we need to use the potty it's gross in our pants.
Then this past week I asked him " Jarett do you want to use the potty?" And he said "Yes" I wasn't getting my hopes up because he has done this before. But this time he climbed up on the "Big" potty all by himself and went. That was 4 days ago and he only had 2 accident when he was distracted outside. He has done it all on his own, he just gets up tells me he needs to go and goes to the bathroom all by himself. I am so excited that he has joined the diaper free world!! Months of trying and frustration on my part thinking he was never going to give in and do this,because I knew he could and one day he just wakes up and decides to do it on his own. He will be 3 in November and my latest to giving in and using the potty, I am glad to say the least that he did it before turning 3. Little Stinker! I just hope that Deedle will be more willing when his turn comes around.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You are hilarious! Isn't it amazing how each kid is a person of their own! So I just updated my blog background and chose the same one as you. Great minds think alike. You have great taste!

Britney and Kevin said...

Yeah potty training! :) I love your little puppy, she is so darling!