Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nasty Little Blood Sucking Bugs

I have a story to tell and I give a WARNING that this story may leave you mentally disturbed.
This story involves BEDBUGS..and a BED where those BEDBUGS LIVED. The BED that the BEDBUGS LIVED in was MY BED!!!! SERIOUSLY this is not a joke. To my absolute HORROR I discovered them this morning.. and there was not just one or two but a HUNDRED or SO.
I was completely confused on where they came from I keep a clean house how did they get in MY BED? Finally it clicked.. I had to think back a few months. All the way back to the month of April. We took a trip to Utah due to the passing of my grandmother. We stayed in a HOTEL and while we stayed we became DINNER to some BEDBUGS. Which absolutely freaked me out. I have always had a fear of Hotel rooms for this very reason . We told the front desk and of course we had our room for free... to me that was nice and all but personally I wanted to put them out of business! When I came home from the trip I IMMEDIATELY washed every thing that we had with us in complete PARANOIA that our HOUSE was going to be infested. Eventually I manged to heal EMOTIONALLY and some what MENTALLY from my BEDBUG experience.
(Back to present time) For the past month or so Scott started having these RED BUMPS appearing all OVER his LEGS, and FEET, and other parts of his body that were itching him like crazy, and they were not going away. At first he thought that maybe it was a RASH or an allergy to something in the area. I was getting really frustrated because every time he would wake up the next morning there would be BLOODSTAINS on the BED. And I was tired of washing the SHEETS every other day and the BLOOD not COMING OUT.So he went to the DOCTOR and started a treatment . There was no improvement and we just couldn't figure out why? Until this morning when I saw something small and RED crawling across my SHEETS. I GASPED and said "NO IT CAN'T BE... IT IS..IT'S a BEDBUG!!!" Scott was then at my side and we both just stared at each other in disbelief as I RIPPED the SHEETS of OUR BED. And to my HORROR all around the edges and crevices on my MATTRESS and BOX SPRING where little RED BUGS Trying to hide. I was Seriously about to HYPERVENTILATE. I RAN to my closet and grabbed my VACUUM and started a MASS EXTERMINATION. While I was in the room sucking all these blood suckers up with my vacuum. Scott was on the computer looking up HOW TO GET RID OF THEM. We Sprayed down our Mattress and box spring with ALCOHOL and I have washed probably 20 loads of LAUNDRY TODAY. I am hoping that we got them all but just in case a few managed to escape my WRATH, we ordered some BEDBUG KILLER that will be coming in the mail just to make sure we got rid of them once and for all. As far as I can tell OUR BED was the only one INFECTED..my boys room and beds seem to be untouched! It has been a complete NIGHTMARE and I am SERIOUSLY WIGGING OUT. MY mind is PLAYING TRICKS on me. ALL day I have Felt like BUGS have been crawling on me. I AM NOT SURE I will EVER FULLY RECOVER. And I am still afraid to sleep in my bed even after all the procedures we took to DESTROY them!

7 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

Gag! So sorry! wretched hotel. That is awful. Funny though that they seemed to like Scott and not you ;)

Scott and Candice Moore said...

I know He must taste really good! I was bitten a few times,but only occasionally and that was when he was working nights. I just thought it was mosquito's. His body temp. runs a lot higher then mine and they are drawn to heat.

Brad & Darcy Ellis said...

That totally creeps me out! I haven't ever personally known someone who had bedbugs. I am glad that I now know if Brad breaks out with spots we know what to look for :) CRAZY! Well I hope you guys can get rid of them soon that really stinks! Good Luck!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Candice! That is so crazy! I'm so sorry that happened to you! What a nightmare!

Carol said...

Oh Candice, I'm so sorry. How horrible!!! I can't even imagine! I feel some of your pain, but in a different way. We had a skunk in our home last year. We kept catching and releasing it into the wild, but it would always find it's way back into my kitchen drawers. And each time it came home to us and we relocated it, out came the bleach and everything in the kitchen would in disinfected to the max. Finally after I caught it on fire from the stove (long story), and it sprayed my kitchen for the third time, we trapped it in a trap and let it go out near the roping range. Sometimes I still think I hear it in my kitchen or smell skunk, although I know it's not there. We took a picture of the skunk, which resides in a picture frame in my living room. I know it's not bedbugs, but I still feel for ya.

Cindy Carroll said...

Candice...wow...Bedbugs...that's so pioneer....:) I checked out your blog and just cannot get over that you have 3 cute little ones already....it seems such a short time ago that I photographed your wedding. Good luck with your bedbug situation...I feel for ya...I feel itchy jsut reading about it.

~aileen~jaron~ said...

that is soooo horrible! i kept getting the creepy crawlies as i was reading your post. I saw a King of Queens episode about this exact thing. They brought bed bugs home from a hotel. CRAZY! I am sure you are rid of them. Good luck!