| Dillon has something to celebrate. Not only does he absolutely LOVE Hot Chocolate....but ....he is now BINKI FREE!!! All 5 of my boys have been Binki babies. But so far Deedle has been the hardest to break. He LOVED that binki and with all the illness, and injuries, and having a new brother, his little life had been turned upside down these past 6 months. And he became even more dependent on the binki it was his security along with his blankie. So we let it slide for a while but once he hit 2 1/2 years old it was time to get serious. 2 weeks ago I took the binki away. (In the past he would go into hysterics and wild man tantrums if I did this without his permission) But 2 weeks ago one night as we were putting him to bed he asked for his "dink dink" as he called it, and I said I 'm sorry honey Binki is gone, it broke. Immediately he started to cry heart broken. (Which broke my heart too and I was soo ready to give it back.) And through his sobbs he repeated a conversation we had earlier in the week. " dink, dink for babies,..sobb....friends no have dink dink...sobbb... Ben, Quae, Jarebett no dink dink..sobb... Albee has dink dink..sobb...I yittle boy now" I said "yes honey your a little boy now dink dink is gone you still have your blankie you will be OK." he said ' OK" stopped crying layed down and went to sleep and that was the end of the "precious"Dink Dink. I'm so proud of my little boy. Now onto potty training, which I know he is sooo ready to do. I just need to pep myself up for it. And get serious! ha! |
No comments:
Post a Comment